It was so great to see so many of you last week at CMJ and see wonderful shows by APTBS Total Slacker during CMJ.
If you’ve ever liked one of my mixes, you’re going to be psyched about this one. I had a really hard time cutting the 51st song so I know this one is 50 amazing songs, all released this year (that song turned out to be by How to Dress Well and it just somehow didn’t fit).
I’ve been working on this mix since July and was able to finish it off with some of the amazing bands from CMJ including:
Aurora, Porches, Kevin Morby, Little May, Adult Jazz, Immigrant Union, Bright Light Social Hour, Weyes Blood, and last but not least Peter Mathew Bauer, whose song I Was Born in an Ashram deserves a special mention.
Zack Mexico introduced me to Peter, former Walkmen member, whose new album is about his experiences growing up in an ashram called Siddha Yoga, where I spent large parts of my childhood. Peter and I were able to meet up during a chaotic moment at Pianos during CMJ and discuss our experience and you’ll hear his wonderful song, “I Was Born In An Ashram”, track 9 on this mix. The whole album, Liberation!, is awesome.
De Lux (Los Angeles), who were on my last two mixes, are playing at Pianos on Saturday November 8 with the always excellent Roadside Graves, Don’t miss them.
I, however, am off to Grand Cayman next Friday and this will be my soundtrack. I hope you enjoy it. LETS GO GIANTS!!!
Here’s a link to download the mix:
Here are instructions about how to open it so that its in the correct order:
1. A folder will download to your computer with a folder of mp3s and a text file which has the mix file inside it. Move the folder of mp3s into your library, or into the iTunes Icon in the dock menu.
2. After the mix has downloaded, go to File in your Itunes menu. Then choose Library and you’ll see import playlist.
Find the mix file on your computer and choose it. It will then make a playlist with the order I intended that you can put on your ipod, etc.
1. Paradise Waiting- Vacationer
2. She’s Not Me- Jenny Lewis
3. Inside Out- Spoon
4. Life Good (Soda Pop)- Enyce
5. Fever To the Form- Nick Mulvey
6. Tuesday (feat. Drake)- I LOVE MAKONNEN
7. Awakening- Aurora Aksnes
8. Real Thing- tUnE-yArDs
9. Peter Mathew Bauer – I Was Born In An Ashram
10.. Brooklyn Baby- Lana Del Rey
11. Parade- Kevin Morby
12. Kings & Queens- Brooke Fraser
13. Forgive (feat. Greta Kline)- Porches.
14. Say My Name (feat. Zyra)- ODESZA
15. A World Alone- Lorde
16. i- Kendrick Lamar
17. Say Enough- Hooray for Earth
18. Hide- Little May
19. Jackson- Cymbals Eat Guitars
20. Blue Suede- Vince Staples
21. Springful- Adult Jazz
22. Lost Cause- Diamond District
23. Lazaretto- Jack White
24. My Silver Lining- First Aid Kit
25. Give Thy Fears- Oh Village
26. Gold Silver Diamond- Generationals
27. First- Cold War Kids
28. Shameless- Immigrant Union
29. Back And Forth- The Bright Light Social Hour
30. Queen – Perfume Genius
31. Control- Olympic Ayres
32. Lucky I Got What I Want- Jungle
33. 90s Music- Kimbra ]
34. Crawl- Childish Gambino
35. 24 Karat Gold- Stevie Nicks
36. The Tower- Wye Oak
37. Heavy Seas Of Love- Damon Albarn
38. Promise- Tori Amos
39. Don’t You Find- Jamie T
40. Archie, Marry Me- Alvvays
41. The Light in the Addict feat Action Bronson & Black Atlas- Party Supplies
42. Had to Hear- Real Estate
43. How Can You Really- Foxygen
44. It Was Like That When We Got Here- Camper Van Beethoven
45. Never Catch Me (feat. Kendrick Lamar)- Flying Lotus
46 Brill Bruisers – The New Pornographers
47. Some Winters – Weyes Blood
48. I Know- Sharon Van Etten
49. What’s Broken- David Crosby
50. Bliss- Kate Miller-Heidke
A Place to Bury Strangers